2013-12-08. In Brynn Tannehill's good article Myths about gender confirmation surgery, Tannehill pointed out problems with drawing an analogy between transsexuality and identifying as a cat.

Date: 2013-12-10 03:28 am (UTC)
zeeth_kyrah: A glowing white and blue anthropomorphic horse stands before a pink and blue sky. (Draco ferios)
From: [personal profile] zeeth_kyrah
While an interesting article, I prefer to use [livejournal.com profile] ysabetwordsmith's measure of viability for a belief or behavior: If it improves your life and personal functioning, then it is not a delusion.

Therefore I am a dragon.

Date: 2013-12-10 03:35 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ysabetwordsmith.livejournal.com
Yeah, I just saw that article and was severely displeased. Cisspecies people mocking species dysphoria is just as cruel as cissexual people mocking gender dysphoria. They should know better than to make fun of someone else's challenges, because they've been through the same kind of shit.

May 2017

S M T W T F S
 12 3456
78910111213